Let's talk about editing. First, it's essential. Non-negotiable. That is, if you'd like to have a well-written book you must have it edited. No one in their right mind, no matter how many books they've written, sends a book to print that hasn't been properly edited. (Sorry, friends and family don't count as editors, unless they're professional editors) If you want people to talk about your book, uh, in a good way, don't skip or skimp on editing.
Sure, you can get editing services for less. But will you get what I give my clients? Here's what my clients get:
- Hawk-eye content editing - I edit your book as if my name will be on the cover, thoroughly and conscientiously
- Content Editing - editing for clarity, flow, readability, style, language and more
- My Content Editing includes copy editing - I root out every nasty typo, all grammatical errors, irregular and awkward sentences.
- Rewriting - My specialty is rewriting my authors content while retaining THEIR unique voice
- Word substitution/replacement - most writers over use their favorite words. This can make a manuscript boring and vapid. We don't want that, do we. I make your manuscript snap, crackle and pop.
- Coaching, where needed
BONUS: $100 off of Premium Publishing withSunny House Press
Unless your manuscript is extremely long, the fee noted is likely the fee you'll pay. By the way, I'll need you to send me your manuscript before I can give you a final quote.
Installment payment plans are available.